CMPT operates a Quality Management System which complies with the requirements of ISO 9001:2015 – Quality Management Systems –
The registration covers the Quality Management System for the provision of microbiology proficiency testing services.
Original Certification Date: May 23, 2002
Current Certification Date: May 14, 2017
Certificate Expiry Date: May 13, 2020
CMPT achieved ISO9001 certification in 2002 but recognizes that the process of inspection and measure and assessment, and opportunities for improvement is a continuous one and thus, since then, CMPT has maintained international recognition to quality management standards, which is our continued commitment and goal.
- Our journey to ISO 9001:2015 certification
- In the summer of 2000 CMPT decided that it was time to commit itself to the scrutiny of international recognition and authority and decided to apply for registration to the ISO Standard 9001:2000 Quality Management Systems Requirements.
- Registration was achieved in May 2002.
- In 2008 the standard was updated and published as ISO 9001:2008.
- In May 2011, and 2014, CMPT was successfully audited by QMI and maintained our Certification to ISO 9001:2008. All opportunities for improvements were noted and were acted upon.
- Since 2002, CMPT has recorded and resolved 114 opportunities for improvement (OFI). CMPT finds the recording of OFIs a useful and beneficial exercise, because it creates the opportunity for us to reflect upon problems and how we believe they occur, even in the absence of a formal root cause analysis (RCA). We will continue the process.
- In 2015 the standard was updated and published as ISO 9001:2015.
- As the new standard came into effect, CMPT moved to comply with the new requirements in 2016.
- In May 2017 CMPT was successfully audited by QMI and issued our Certification to ISO 9001:2015.
CMPT provides microbiology proficiency testing services which comply with the requirements of ISO 17043:2010 – Conformity assessment – General requirements for proficiency testing-
This accreditation demonstrates technical competence for a defined scope and the operation of a quality management system.
The importance of ISO/IEC 17043:2010 accreditation
Proficiency Testing (PT), or as it is also known External Quality Assessment (EQA) is recognized as a critical laboratory Quality Partner. PT provides laboratories and other interested bodies the means to assess laboratory performance and to monitor for quality improvement.
As a Quality Partner, it is essential for PT providers to be able to demonstrate that they take their own performance and improvement as important as those that they assess.
ISO17043:2010 (Conformity Assessment – General Requirements for proficiency testing) has become the cornerstone quality standard specifically designed to address the issues of proficiency testing providers, regardless of the communities and disciplines with whom they work. The standard addresses the full cycle of PT from the planning of challenges through their development and deportment, and the analysis and reporting of results.
Similar to ISO9001 (Quality Management Systems) to which CMPT also adheres, ISO17043:2010 also closely monitors our own Quality Management processes.
Developed by the International Organization for Standardization, and supported by the broad community of countries, ISO17043:2010 is recognized as the standard of achievement for proficiency testing by accreditation bodies and PT providers on every continent. CMPT is proud of its recognition of meeting all the requirements to this international standard.
CMPT’s ISO17043: 2010 accreditation
- Our accreditation was performed by the American Association for Laboratory Accreditation (A2LA) following a complete and thorough assessment and review of our quality management system and competence to develop and create our samples and administer our specific proficiency testing protocols. A2LA is the largest US-based multi-discipline accreditation body with over 35 years of experience in providing internationally recognized accreditation services.
- In Canada accreditation and international recognition of healthcare associated Proficiency Testing providers is not a requirement at any level of government. By its voluntary participation in this accreditation assessment, CMPT affirms its continued participation in the international community of proficiency testing providers.
- Medical and water bacteriology laboratories that work with CMPT can have continued confidence in the rigour of our commitment to our own Quality and to the Quality needs of our participants.